Single Tooth Implant – Torrance, CA
Get a Complete Smile with a Dental Implant
You probably never expected to lose a permanent tooth, but it’s quite common. Despite the latest innovations in dentistry, 120 million Americans have lost at least one. Thanks to modern advancements in dentistry, you don’t need to live with an incomplete smile. In fact, you have more options than ever to replace a single missing tooth. Besides a traditional fixed bridge, we can treat a lost tooth with a dental implant. Rest assured, your new smile will look and function naturally.
Options to Treat a Missing Tooth
Nowadays, you have multiple options to replace your tooth. We’ll help you determine which is the best solution for you:
More commonly called a bridge and crowns, this is the most traditional solution to replace a lost tooth because it’s convenient and effective. We use an impression of your mouth to recreate the portion of your tooth that’s visible above the gum line. It’s made of all-ceramic material to look natural. The prosthetic tooth is held in place by reshaping your adjacent teeth to bond dental crowns over them. You’ll have a complete smile in as few as 2 appointments, but you’ll need to have the bridge and crowns replaced about every 10 years.
Single Unit Implant
A dental implant differs from any other replacement option because it treats the entire tooth structure. A titanium post is strategically placed into the jawbone to support an all-ceramic restoration, which is attached to the implant using an abutment. Your bone will integrate with the post, allowing it to stay in place for decades with the right aftercare. Although it will take several months to complete the process, it’s time well spent because you’ll have a nearly perfect replica of your natural tooth.
Benefits of a Dental Implant
Replacing both the root and the crown allows you to enjoy various benefits that aren’t possible with a fixed bridge, including:
- Looks Natural: All-ceramic material is used to design your tooth to match the appearance of your real ones.
- High Success Rate: Dental implants have over a 95% success rate.
- Feels Natural: Regain as much as 70% of your natural biting force.
- Preserves Jawbone: The post stimulates new bone growth to keep your jaw strong.
- Improves Oral Health: Stopping bone loss prevents dental drift, decreasing your risk of cavities, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Maintain a Balanced Diet: Feels natural to chew a variety of foods to prevent nutritional deficiencies.
- Look Younger: A strong jawbone supports your facial tissues to maintain a youthful appearance.
- Easy Maintenance: Brush and floss your dental implant as you do your natural teeth.
- Cost-Effective: Dental implants can last for a lifetime with the right care, so you’ll never need to worry about paying to have it replaced.
Complete Your Smile Today
If you’re missing teeth, dental implants can give you the next best thing to what you lost. We have the customized solutions you need to treat tooth loss with dental implants. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for a complete, beautiful smile.